The tent or roof like structure that provides shelter to people from sun and rain is called awning. The materials which are commonly used in the manufacture of awnings are corrugated fiberglass, polycarbonate, and aluminum. These materials are long lasting and do not get damaged even during bad weather. Awnings are also made from canvas, plastic and fabric.
There are various types of awnings like retractable, cool, outdoor, window door patio, shade and deck. Each and every type of awnings has sub-types of their own. Now let us get into detail about retractable awnings.
Introduction to retractable awnings
- The name of this awning itself suggests, it has the capability to retract (it can be folded which helps to protect the awning).
- This type of awning is available in sufficient slope forms, which enables them to give protection from weather. It is made from fabrics, which are water-resistant.
- It is considered to be the tool of the architects, because on installation, they capture the artistic style naturally.
- On usage, it adds some beautiful angles and colors to the front of the building. Installation is easy in this type of awning.
Features to consider while purchasing retractable awnings
1. First consider, from which material the awning has been made.
2. Take into Retractable Awnings Phoenix , in what way, the awning provides shade below, where it is installed and also inside your home.
3. See that the awnings you purchase are made out of good fabric and also consider the coating on the fabric, to check how they are resistant to water.
4. Look out for the awnings that blocks maximum amount of UV rays.
5. Retractable awnings could be purchased through online or from the shops. So, before purchase, evaluate all the possible options.
6. Do not make purchase from the suppliers who sell awnings on discount rates.
7. Better clarify all your doubts regarding the installation process from the person, whom you make out purchase.
Uses of Retractable awnings
- It provides protection and shade for the elements and the shade provides primary comfort.
- On usage, it brings down the indoor temperature to a certain extent and minimizes the use of air conditioners, which eventually reduces your energy bills and saves energy.
- It protects the outdoor areas from rain and wind.
- It serves as an allergen protection and it provides lots of privacy.
- It could be used for any kind of outdoor areas like patios, seating areas and other indoor areas.
- It is possible to use the retractable awnings in accordance to the different weather conditions by changing the slopes.